SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
“IPSA recognise that sustainability encompasses environmental, social and economic concerns. We are committed to seeking continuous improvement in our performance on sustainability. In particular we will consider the impact of our operations, administrative and procurement functions”.
The International Professional Security Association Ltd (“IPSA”) are committed to minimising the environmental impact of the company’s activities through continuous improvement in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. We will seek to develop an ethos of environmental responsibility in our entire staff. We recognise that in pursuing the company’s objectives, there is opportunity to protect the environment and by exercising proper control over our activities the company will promote the use of sustainable resources and discourage wasteful or damaging practices.
We acknowledge that our activities have an impact on the environment, and will comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations. We will also take such additional measures as is consider necessary such as:
- Achieving the sustainable development targets set by government policy;
- Conserving energy, water, paper and other resources, particularly those which are scarce or non-renewable;
- Reducing waste through re-use and recycling and by using reconditioned and recycled products and materials where such alternatives are available and appropriate;
- Phasing out ozone depleting substances and minimising the release of greenhouse gases, volatile organic compounds, vehicle emissions and other substances damaging to health and the environment;
- Monitoring discharges and emissions to air, land, and water and assessing the actions necessary to reduce pollution or the risk of pollution;
- Encouraging staff, through education and training, to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to play a full part in developing new ideas and initiatives;
- Communicating environmental policies and best practice to all staff, clients and contractors;
- Operating in a responsible and co-operative manner with local communities.
- We will ensure that it takes the appropriate actions to achieve these measures and thereby contributes to the well-being of the environment.
Chair of the Association
21 May 2020